Wisconsin Early Childhood Association works to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning for Wisconsin's young children by promoting excellence in early education programs, supporting professionalism in the early childhood workforce, and calling for greater investment in quality early child care. The WECA mission is to meet the professional needs of adults who nurture and teach Wisconsin's young children through a rich continuum of services.
The WEESSN Food Systems Coordinator brings together the different elements of our varying food systems work into a centralized position to ensure efficiency, connectedness, and WECA/WEESSN representation. The Food Systems Coordinator will serve as liaison between internal and external stakeholders engaged in food- and Farm-to-ECE-related work to resolve issues and create action plans for projects' success, while managing multiple concurrent projects and prioritizing tasks within time and resource constraints.
WECA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants.
Resumes accepted through October 1, 2021.
- Lead overall WEESSN food systems programming and planning to improve services and functions, including meeting with Program coaches regularly.
- Attend internal and external meetings representing WECA/WEESSN
- Synthesize and coordinate WEESSN Food systems activities and opportunities, including tapping into gleaning efforts, transportation networks, food storage, food preparation entities, Healthy Early Steering Committee, Farm to ECE, Healthy Bites, and Active Early trainings.
- Write content for and facilitate distribution of WEESSN-wide Farm to ECE newsletters.
- Create/develop or coordinate food systems professional development opportunities across the network, including a peer-to-peer network focused on food systems work.
- Collect information, relevant funding opportunities, and research to support Coordinator's grant writing, along with evaluation requirements and budget development.
- Provide relevant and timely input to Co-Directors of WEESSN for monthly meetings.
- Use data entrysystems to document WEESSN meetings and activities.
- Other duties as assigned to support the WEESSN program or WECA at large.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associate degree, ideal candidates will have a knowledge base in early care and education and current work happening in Wisconsin's food systems.
- Must have or be willing to acquire the Registry's Training and Technical Assistance Professional (TTAP) endorsement.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google products.
- Able to communicate effectively including strong written and interpersonal skills, work independently, take initiative, problem solve and identify needs and contribute to creative solutions.
- Must be incredibly organized and detailed oriented.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to work with and understand culturally diverse populations.
- Must clear a full background check, including fingerprinting.
- This position may involve travel; access to a vehicle and a valid driver's license is required.
Nice To Haves
Both inside and outside the workplace, staff are expected to foster a positive team environment through:
- Respectful and professional communication and behavior;
- full and active participation within work teams; and
- openness to strengthening and expanding work skills through continuous professional development.
WECA provides a level of employee benefits which helps attract and retain talented professionals like you - the kind of professionals who are committed to serving Wisconsin's Early Childhood workforce.
WECA offers paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and a flexible spending plan.
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Remote Type : Fully Remote
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Madison, WI