Do you speak both Spanish and English at a basic level? We are on a mission to create a diverse and culturally rich experience for our families at Leap Academy Madison, 290 Corporate Drive, and we are looking for a Bilingual Teacher to join us!
We have a tight-knit team committed to excellence. Working with us is not your normal job- instead, it's an investment in your future, and in the future of children. We are creating a lifelong team. Come join us.
- Provide a nurturing and respectful environment in which children can grow physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually.
- Assures that all children receive proper personal care and attention to their toileting/diapering, clothing and health needs.
- Builds relationships with each child and is flexible and responsive to children's needs and interests.
- Plan weekly lessons and activities based on the developmental needs of the children. Structure learning inside the classroom and outside during outdoor play.
- Develop portfolios for each child containing, at a minimum, two portfolio sheets per month.
- Maintain a respectful, warm, engaging learning environment, encouraging curiosity and discovery.
- Communicate effectively and often with families to ensure consistent feedback regarding child's learning experience.
- Qualifications as Assistant Teacher or willing to obtain qualifications within the first 90 days
- Willingness to complete training in Abusive Head Trauma, CPR, Mandated Reporter Training, and other requirements
- Ability to work until 5:00PM several nights per week
- Growth mindset and calm demeanor
- Exemplary ability to get along with others and work as a part of a team
Nice To Haves
Benefits of working full-time (30+ hours/week) at Leap Academy include the following (eligible after probationary period of 90 days):
- Eligible to earn quarterly bonus of up to $615.
- Time Off Package Eligible after Successful Probationary Period: Includes 40 hours PTO, 15 paid holidays, and 2 sick days per year
- Paid professional development days each year (3 in 2023).
- Access to Teach Scholarship through WECA for postsecondary education courses in Early Childhood
- Access to health insurance with 55% employer contribution towards premium and dental insurance with 10% employer contribution towards premium for self
- Simple IRA eligibility with matching
- Paid time and a half on your birthday when you work
- Free meals and coffee while working
- Eligible for overtime hours as available at 1.5 times hourly rate
Salary : $15 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Flexible
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Madison, WI