We are searching for full-time early childhood education teachers to work in Madison's first "WELLness" preschool. The ideal candidate would exhibit a passionate and enthusiastic attitude towards working with children.
The teacher will be responsible for maintaining a positive and developmentally appropriate educational environment. Teachers use a developed curriculum that meets the intellectual and emotional needs of all of our children. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director to ensure children participate in activities that promote enrichment, movement, emotional well-being to their learners.
- Implementing the Well curriculum
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, nurturing, and healthy learning environment
- Supervising daily activities in the classroom
- Observing and assessing children's development
- Establishing positive and productive relationships with families
- Conducting parent/teacher conferences twice a year
- Setting developmentally appropriate expectations for children and using positive reinforcement techniques for child behaviors using Conscious Discipline techniques
- Lifting children and/or equipment
- Bending, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time
- Exhibiting a warm, supportive attitude toward children
- Adapting to changes within the program
- Performing other duties as required
- Willing to have fun!
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registry of Wisconsin certificate or ability to become lead teacher certified is required (we provide all materials to reach lead teacher certification).
- 10 hours of training in infant and toddler care for teachers assigned with this age group. Must be completed within 6 months after assuming the position.
Nice To Haves
- 2 years of experience working in the child care field
- CPR/First Aid Training, SBS Training, and Child Abuse and Neglect Training
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
Supportive team environment with a focus on both professional and personal wellness
- Constant classroom support from four directors
- Family friendly environment with fun activities planned to engage the preschool community
- Competitive wages above the county-wide average
- Paid time off, rewarding employee longevity
- Paid holidays
- Healthcare with different options to best meet your needs
- Paid weekly planning time, staff meetings, 2 professional development days
- 1 hour break every day
- Anniversary bonuses
- 401K + matching after the first year
- Employee child care discount (50%) when spots are available
Salary : $19 to $21/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Madison, WI